If all you need is love AND bacon, this Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File is right up your alley. Use the file to create a t-shirt, tote bag or hat!
This post contains affiliate links.
When I started blogging (like a million or 9 years ago) I met with a well-known “mom blogger.” She’d already been blogging for three or four years and was quite well-known. When I asked for her advice she said, “If you can use the words BACON or MUFFIN TOP in the title of your post you will be successful. They always generate lots of traffic.” Well, I took her advice and nine years later here I am writing a post about bacon. Ha!
Her advice is sound. I’ve written about bacon before. My Instant Pot Bacon Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe is super popular and the Bacon Potato Leek Breakfast Bake I served for Easter last year is also a winner. An average of 200 people visit my blog each day to visit one of those recipes and yet, I haven’t created more bacon-themed posts (and let’s not even talk about muffin tops). It’s like I don’t even care?!?
Here’s where I have a confession to make…I don’t love bacon. There. I’ve said it. I know that about 95% of you are ready to click away and head somewhere else. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon?
I am actually surprised that Jay and his girls have accepted me as they have. Particularly as Jay’s youngest LOVES bacon. Loves it so much that sometimes when we go to Village Inn’s Free Pie Wednesday, she simply orders a side of bacon. Sigh…It is in her honor that I am writing my THIRD EVER bacon-related post. To celebrate the season of love, I created this Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File to go on a t-shirt she can wear to school.
Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File
To recreate this t-shirt with the Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File, you will need:
Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File PNG or SVG
Electronic Cutting Machine (I am using this one.)
White Stretch Heat Transfer (I buy all of my heat transfer from Expressions Vinyl.)
Red Holographic Heat Transfer
Heat Press or Iron (I use this press.)
Black T-Shirt (I bought mine at Target.)
- Download the cut file in the format that works best for you (see supply list above).
- Upload the design to your design software and create the appropriately sized layout. I sized this cut file to about eight inches wide.
- Mirror the image so that the text appears backwards on the screen. Feed the heat transfer material into your machine with the glossy side down. Select HTV in the media menu and cut.
- Peel the negative space in the design off the plastic backing, leaving only the words and shapes on the clear plastic transfer sheet.
- Pre-heat the t-shirt you’re planning to transfer the design on for about five seconds and crease the center for reference creating a vertical line for reference.
- Position the design face down so that you see it through the clear transfer sheet. Your text should be facing the right direction at this point.
- Place a thin cloth or parchment paper over the design and place a heat on top PRESSING FIRMLY into the design for 45-60 seconds OR if you have this amazing little portable heat press 15-20 seconds!
- Remove the iron and cloth. Gently peel up the transfer sheet. If the HTV continues to stick to the transfer sheet, replace the cloth and iron again making sure to apply pressure.
Note: Follow the instructions on your HTV to determine if the transfer sheet should be pulled back when the vinyl is still hot or if you should wait until it’s cooled. When using regular vinyl I peel the transfer sheet while the vinyl is still warm. With the holographic vinyl, I waited until it was cool.
l may not love bacon, but I love how this t-shirt turned out using the Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File. It’s so cute! The shirt is perfect for February, or you know, anytime you might want to express love in the form of bacon.
If you loved this post, you might like…
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Summer Home Tour
- Fleece Blanket Christmas Gift Idea + Printable Gift Tag
- 25 + Frightfully Fun Halloween Wreaths
- Free Mint Thank You Print + Cut File
- Hey Pop Father’s Day Gift Tag
- Consumer Crafts: A Crafter’s Best Friend
- Many Languages Thank You Card Printable