If you’re looking for the perfect St. Patrick’s day ensemble for your little prehistoric fan, don’t miss this dinosaur St. Patrick’s Day cut file.
Every kid goes through a dinosaur “phase.” In the case of my boyfriend’s 11-year-old son it’s stretched beyond a simple phase to a minor childhood obsession. I blame Chris Pratt.
Despite an excellent scapegoat to blame this obsession on, I am happy to encourage his love of dinosaurs to the best of my ability. On occasion I indulge it with a purchase at Target, but more often than not it’s with a punny holiday joke.
In October I created a Tryanascareus Rex shirt for Halloween and this month, I’ve designed a happy St. Pa “T-REX” Day shirt. I guess you could say he’s as supportive of my favorite thing (holiday puns) as I am of his.
Dinosaur St. Patrick’s Day Cut File
What you will need to create this St. Patrick’s Day shirt:
- St. Pa “T-REX” Day SVG Cut File (download at the bottom of the post)
- Electronic Cutting Machine (I use a Cricut Explore Air 2)
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (I used this)
- Cricut Easy Press
- Cricut Easy Press Mat
- Green T-Shirt
How to recreate this t-shirt using the dinosaur St. Patrick’s Day cut file:
- Download the St. Pa”T-REX” Day SVG cut file located at the bottom of this post.
- Upload the file to the Cricut design space (or applicable design software) and size the file accordingly. Mirror the image so the text appears backwards on the screen.
- Feed the heat transfer material into your machine with the glossy side down. Select HTV on the media menu dial and cut.
- Peel the negative space in the design off the plastic backing, leaving only the words and shapes on the clear plastic transfer sheet.
- Pre-heat the t-shirt you’re planning to transfer the design on for about five seconds and crease the center for reference.
- Position the dinosaur St. Patrick’s Day cut file on the t-shirt face down so that you see it through the clear transfer sheet. Your text should be facing the right direction at this point.
- Place a thin cloth or parchment paper over the design and place a heat on top PRESSING FIRMLY into the design for 45-60 seconds OR if you have this amazing little portable heat press 15-20 seconds!
- Remove the iron and cloth. Gently peel up the transfer sheet. If the HTV continues to stick to the transfer sheet, replace the cloth and iron again making sure to apply pressure.
Note: Follow the instructions on your HTV to determine if the transfer sheet should be pulled back when the vinyl is still hot or if you should wait until it’s cooled.
Download the dinosaur St. Patrick’s Day cut file:
If you liked this dinosaur St. Patrick’s Day cut file, you might also like…
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Summer Home Tour
- Cricut EasyPress Review
- DIY Back to School Tote Bag + Gift Tag
- Free Print + Cut Father’s Day Camping Gift Tag
- Retirement Gift Idea + Free Happy Trails Gift Tag
- 10 of the Best Minion Projects and Treats
- Show & Tell No. 46: Last Minute Mother’s Day Gifts