Sometimes a treat really is the best Christmas gift. Go above and beyond and package up some yum with this Christmas Lava Cake Printable.
Back when I was in college, my roommates and I survived on cold cereal and microwave burritos. Occasionally we pulled our funds together for a pizza (we would have LOVED getting one of these) and about once a semester we went really fancy and hit up Chilis.
You might think we went for the baby back ribs, but truthfully I was (and still am) obsessed with their burgers and salads. The one thing we ordered every single time to share? The chocolate lava cake dessert with vanilla ice cream. To this day, I really enjoy a chocolate lava cake.
Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable
I don’t get out to Chilis all that often these days and it’s pretty rare for me to bake up a batch of mini lava cakes, but last year I discovered ready made chocolate lava cakes at Costco. Each box contains four individual cakes (you don’t have to buy 500!) in ceramic ramekins. They take just 40 seconds in the microwave and taste pretty great!
Essentially these lava cakes make the perfect gift when you want to give a treat, but don’t necessarily want to spend a bunch of time in the kitchen. Buy them now, they’re usually only available during the holidays.
What you will need to recreate this Christmas lava cake printable gift:
I have provided a direct affiliate link wherever possible so that you can easily shop and create!
- Fa La Lava Printable Gift Tag (download below)
- Color Printer (I use a Canon Pixma Pro)
- 80 lb. Bright White Cardstock
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile
- Fine Point Marker (I love these colorful Le Pens)
- Baker’s Twine or Ribbon
- Gold Scissors (Love these, they’re so sharp!)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (I like the Pots and Co ready made cakes from Costco)
How to recreate this Christmas lava cake printable gift:
- Scroll to the bottom of this post and download the Fa La Lava Christmas Printable Gift Tag.
- Save the printable and open on your computer.
- Send to your color printer or send it to a professional printer.
Note: I use a Canon Pixma Pro for all of my printable gift tags and art prints. I find that often it prints a cleaner, clearer image than if I took it to a professional printer. The printable Christmas gift tags will look best printed on bright white 80 lb. cardstock.
- Trim the gift tags to size. I use this Fiskars trimmer for all of my projects. It’s substantial enough to cut through multiple sheets, while remaining easy to use.
- Punch a hole in the top of the gift tag. The We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile is one of my favorite craft tools. it will punch through anything, including an entire stack of gift tags with ease.
- Sign the gift tags with a fine point, felt tip marker. I love to use Le Pens. They come in a variety of colors and write so smoothly!
- Tie the gift tags to the blankets using some ribbon.
Download the Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
I am a big fan of using a simple gift tag to make a plain gift spectacular. If you like this idea, you might also like…