Celebrate summer with a flamingo themed summer porch! You’re bound to surprise, delight and possibly even shock your neighbors with this fun themed porch idea.
The other day I lamented my obsession with the tropics, flamingos in particular. It’s quite silly considering I live in Utah – a landlocked state. The only place I am going to see a flamingo here is the zoo! I am getting this particular obsession out of my system by going with a flamingo themed summer porch this year.
While this summer porch is easily recreated, the decision to go with this decor was laborious for me…My typical summer porch decor runs more along patriotic lines. This actually may be the first summer I’ve ever deviated. Honestly, when I first styled my flamingo themed summer porch I thought I’d probably get sick of it and switch it out for the Fourth of July anyway, but I LOVE IT! It’s probably staying put until at least early August.
Flamingo Themed Summer Porch
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been totally crushing on all of the tropical prints and patterns that have surged in popularity this past year. In addition to my flamingo obsession, I’ve developed a healthy love for palm fronds, fern leaves and tropical flowers.
I have to admit with all the tropical pink, my porch looks a tiny bit girly, BUT it’s totally allowed. I love how all the fun flamingo items look paired with my cottage!
My favorite find might just be the adorable flamingo planters flanking my steps. They’re so much cuter than cheap plastic. Can you believe I found them on Amazon? Sigh…Prime how I love you.
I couldn’t possibly have a flamingo themed porch, without an amazing flamingo wreath. I shared the full DIY just the other day. You can nab all the details, including where I purchased the fun accessories in my DIY flamingo wreath post.
I love my porch swing. It might be my favorite feature. I bought this Trex swing two years ago on (yes, you guessed it) Amazon and it’s held up so well!
To recreate this flamingo themed look you will need:
1. Enbrighten Cafe Color Changing Lights | 2. Petunias | 3. DIY Flamingo Wreath
4. Trex Porch Swing | 5. 18″ Melon Pillows | 6. Rectangle Flamingo Throw Pillow
7. Attack Flamingo Sign | 8. 5×7 Threshold Botanical Rug | 9. 20″ Flamingo Throw Pillow
10. Rectangle Melon Throw Pillows | 11. Flamingo Door Mat | 12. Metal Flamingo Planters
I also used Gorilla Indoor/Outdoor Mounting Tape to stick down my large botanical rug. It’s sooo windy here!
If you liked this post, you might like…
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Summer Home Tour
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole: Hatch Chile Egg Bake
- DIY Winter Wreath with Skis
- You’re My Lobster Cut File + DIY TShirt
- Don’t Go Bacon My Heart Cut File + T-Shirt
- Print + Cut Christmas Candle Gift Tag
- Many Languages Thank You Card Printable