Looking for a fun way to decorate for summer? This fun DIY flamingo wreath, simply screams summer and will delight all the guests who stop by your door.
You guys, I have an obsession. It’s a flamingo obsession. I am not entirely sure who to blame it on, because let’s be honest it’s certainly not my fault…I live in a landlocked state. It could be my neighbor Gavin who has commented several times on tacky yard flamingos (I may like to insure I provide a counterpoint). It could be my friend Kim, who shares Flamingo Friday finds each week (her last post is Flamingo crap to buy and DIY). It could be the tropical trend that’s hit America, regardless of locale. It could be my secret desire to live in a beach house in the south…The point is, we may never know.
Here’s what I do know. This year my usual patriotic porch has given way to a tropical scene filled with flamingos. Since I am all about a good theme it was necessary for me to come up with a DIY flamingo wreath for the front door…And, guess what?! I love it!!!
DIY Flamingo Wreath
I searched high and low for the perfect items for this wreath, as a result they’ve been pulled from all over. I will link to sources for purchase, but you can probably find many of the items in your local craft store.
Here’s what you will need to create your own flamingo wreath:
24″Grapevine Wreath Form
Small Metal Flamingo
Beware Attack Flamingo Sign
Pink Tassel Ribbon
White Statice Spray
Green Grass Twister Spray (2)
Light Pink Dahlia (3)
Hot Pink Wisteria
Dark Pink Peony (2)
Floral Wire Cutters
Glue Gun + Hot Glue
How to make a DIY flamingo wreath:
- Start your project with a plain wreath form. I used a 24″ grapevine wreath (it was really probably too big for my door – yikes!), because it’s so easy to attach additional elements.
- Add leaves, greenery and background sprays to the wreath form. I started with the white statice spray (it reminded me of beach coral) and the green grass twister spray. I added leaves from the dahlias and peonies next.
- Layer larger flowers on top of the greenery.
- Place metal flamingo on the wreath, using wire and glue.
- Glue pink fringe ribbon to the bottom of the “attack flamingo” sign.
- Punch holes in the sign and wire to wreath form. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes. It’s one of my favorite tools and will punch a perfect little circle through just about anything.
- Add additional small flowers and greenery to fill in and fluff up wreath.
I love how this DIY flamingo wreath turned out. It’s one of my all time favorite projects and the personality it brings completes my porch perfectly!
If you liked this post, you might also like…
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Summer Home Tour
- Gnome Holiday Thank You Card Printable
- How to Make a Candy Graduation Lei
- 12+ Super Bowl Party Decor Ideas
- DIY Halloween Pillow Featuring Sarah Sanderson’s Song
- Free Print + Cut Father’s Day Camping Gift Tag
- Instant Pot Mini Cheesecake with Oreo Crust