You’re sure to have a “dinomite” holiday when you print and share these dinosaur Valentine’s Day printable gift tags with your favorite little fan!
To say that my boyfriend’s son has a thing for dinosaurs would be the understatement of the century. He’s obsessed. I don’t think there’s been a time I’ve seen him when he couldn’t pull a jurassic action figure or two from his pocket.
I can’t help but contribute to the overwhelming number of small dinosaurs in his collection and I found the PERFECT Valentine gift while browsing Amazon. Tiny raptors that work with Legos. The toys are so inexpensive, they’d work well pieced out for classroom Valentine’s as well!
Dinosaur Valentine’s Day Printable
I created a dinosaur Valentine’s Day printable (and then created a couple more), because the first few seemed a bit young for my big fifth grader. Fortunately, in the end I don’t think he will care one bit…He will be too involved in enjoying the dino Valentine puns and checking out his raptors.
What you need for this dino Valentine’s Day printable:
- Dinosaur Valentine’s Day Printable Gift Tag (Download Below)
- Dinosaur Raptor Pack (Compatible with Legos)
- Color Printer (I use a Canon Pixma Pro)
- 80 lb. Bright White Cardstock
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile
- We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
- Fiskars Scissors (I use this pair on EVERY project.)
- Baker’s Twine or Tiny Stapler with Colored Staples
How to recreate this dinosaur printable:
- Download the dinosaur Valentine’s Day printable at the bottom of this post.
- Save the printable.
- Take it to a professional printer or print it on your personal color printer at home. Be sure to select the specific pages you want to print. There are several dinosaur printables to choose from.
Note: I use a Canon Pixma Pro for all of my printable gift tags and art prints. I find that often it prints a cleaner, clearer image than if I took it to a professional printer. The printable will look best printed on bright white 80 lb. cardstock.
- Trim the cards to size. I do not design my printables with cut lines to allow for flexibility in sizing.
Note: I use this Fiskars trimmer for all of my projects. It’s substantial enough to cut through multiple sheets, while remaining safe and easy to use.
- Punch the dinosaur Valentine’s Day printable gift tags at the top to allow for ease of use when tying to a package.
Note: I LOVE my We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile. This tool will punch through an entire stack of cardstock with ease, as well as metal and thin wood. I use it ALL THE TIME. It’s a must have in any crafters tool stash!
- Tie the tag to your gift using a length of baker’s twine or attach them with a tiny stapler.
- Optional: If you want your dinosaur tags to have a more “finished” or “store bought” look to them, round the corners!
Note: I use the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper on my paper crafts. The way the tool lines up the corner for “chomping” it’s never off center or crooked. This tool is a must have in my book!
Printables and small gifts are an easy, inexpensive way to celebrate the holidays – big and small! They add a little “extra” to your thoughtful gift.