Looking to celebrate a high school or college grad? Make a DIY candy graduation lei for them to wear with their robes!
This post contains affiliate links.
Are candy graduation leis a thing where you live? Candy leis have been popular here in Utah since before I was in high school and they’re such a fun way to celebrate accomplishments.
Earlier this year when Jay’s youngest daughter completed her soccer season, I was super excited to carry on a tradition from my high school experience and put together some DIY candy graduation leis together for her and her friends. Not only do they look great, but they provide a fun treat graduates can enjoy later.
DIY Candy Graduation Lei
Here’s what you will need to create your own DIY candy graduation lei:
How to make a DIY candy graduation lei:
- Cut a 4 ft. long piece of 40″ wide cellophane and lie it down on a flat surface.
- Place the first piece of candy about three inches from the end of the cellophane and twist. Secure with a piece of curling ribbon about four to five inches long.
- Twist the cellophane again just under the first piece of candy and secure with a piece of curling ribbon. Continue this step until you reach the other end of the cellophane.
- Curl all the pieces of curling ribbon.
- Pull the ends of the lei together and secure with a wide piece of grosgrain ribbon.
These DIY candy graduation leis are so much fun to make and the kids look so festive sporting them around.
If you liked this post, you might also like…