Delight your friends and neighbors with this fun fleece blanket Christmas gift idea. The accompanying printable gift tag will bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Throw pillows and blankets are to me, what stuffed animals are to childhood. I’ve got more than I know what to do with and yet they continue to come home from the store with me on a frequent basis. When I can across buffalo check fleece blankets at $4 a piece just before the holidays, I grabbed a bunch. Okay. I grabbed them all. I took home every single fleece blanket the store had.
Surely everyone loves blankets as much as I and, even if they don’t, a cozy blanket out to be more well received than the millennial generation’s answer to fruitcake or a more traditional holiday treat…
Fleece Blanket Christmas Gift Idea + Free Printable
It’s possible the only thing I like as much as a good throw pillow or blanket is a good pun. I’ve been holding this one in for a good two years now and I’m so excited to share it with you. While I’ve paired this particular printable gift tag with a fleece blanket, it would also be so cute with fleece pajamas. Really, such a good idea. I die.
What you will need to recreate this fleece blanket Christmas gift:
I have provided a direct affiliate link wherever possible so that you can easily shop and create!
- Sleep in Heavenly Fleece Printable Gift Tag (download below)
- Color Printer (I use a Canon Pixma Pro)
- 80 lb. Bright White Cardstock
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile
- Fine Point Marker (I love these colorful Le Pens)
- Baker’s Twine or Ribbon
- Gold Scissors (Love these, they’re so sharp!)
- Fleece Blanket or Pajamas
How to recreate this fleece blanket Christmas gift:
- Scroll to the bottom of this post and download the printable gift tag.
- Save the printable. Take it into a professional printer or print it on your personal color printer at home. Note: I use a Canon Pixma Pro for all of my printable gift tags and art prints. I find that often it prints a cleaner, clearer image than if I took it to a professional printer. The Rudolph printable Christmas gift tags will look best printed on bright white 80 lb. cardstock.
- Trim the gift tags to size. I use this Fiskars trimmer for all of my projects. It’s substantial enough to cut through multiple sheets, while remaining easy to use.
- Punch a hole in the top of the gift tag. The We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile is one of my favorite craft tools. it will punch through anything, including an entire stack of gift tags with ease.
- Sign the gift tags with a fine point, felt tip marker. I love to use Le Pens. They come in a variety of colors and write so smoothly!
- Tie the gift tags to the blanket with some ribbon.
Download the Fleece Blanket Christmas Gift Tag
I am a big fan of using a simple gift tag to make a plain gift spectacular. If you like this idea, you might also like…