Disney bound? Looking for a last-minute Halloween costume? This easy DIY Mini Mouse costume comes together in less than and hour and costs less than anything in a store!
This post contains affiliate links.
My baby nieces are the perfect age for playing dress up and pretend. Even better (in my book) is that they’re absolutely in love with all things Disney. At first I assumed it was just a princess thing. While at my house they’ve introduced my to all sorts of contemporary Disney characters, from Tinker Bell’s fairy brigade to Sophia the First and all her friends. I’ve come to realize they love the classics like Mini and Mikey Mouse just as much.
The last time they were over for a weekend, we decided to play dress ups. I created a super easy Mini Mouse costume that works for both girls even though they’re almost two years apart.
This dress could be recreated in any size – even adult sizing! Today I am sharing how to make the costume with my sweet baby niece, Sawyer, helping show it off!
Easy DIY Mini Mouse Costume
One of the things that I love most about this inexpensive DIY Mini Mouse costume is that while it’s great for Halloween, it’s super comfortable, which makes it perfect for dress up or a trip to Disney!
Last year I was able to experience Disneyland during the Halloween season and it was AMAZING! My brother, sister-in-law and I are working on a trip to take their littles at the first of the year and I cannot wait.
Tip: We book all of our trips through Get Away Today. They’re so easy to work with and you will absolutely save money working with them.
What you need to create a DIY Mini Mouse costume:
- Mini Mouse Ears
- Baby/Kids Red T-Shirt Dress (up to size 6) or Women’s
- Mini Mouse Stuffed Toy (optional)
- Red Mary Jane Shoes
- Yellow Bow Shoes
- Black Leggings (baby to size 16)
- Glitter HTV
- Electronic Cutting Machine (I use a Cricut Explore 2) or Round Punch
- Cricut Easy Press or Iron
How to make this DIY Mini Mouse costume:
This costume is so simple it comes together in less than 30 min!
- Using your electronic cutting machine (or a punch) cut two-inch circles out of white glitter heat transfer vinyl. I used a Cricut machine to cut my circles. While I’d love to have the Cricut Maker, I currently use a Cricut Explore 2 and it works great!
- Weed your vinyl and place your circles on the dress.
- Using a heat press (I used the Cricut Easy Press – it’s even better than the industrial press I used to own) or an iron adhere the glitter circles to the dress.
I purchased the little red Mary Jane shoes (went up half-size) for this Mini Mouse costume, because I felt they would stay on better and be more comfortable for walking in. For a more authentic look though, don’t miss the adorable yellow bow shoes. They’re just one step more authentic!
With the money we save booking through Get Away Today, we typically have a pretty healthy budget for spending AT Disneyland, but toys can still get a little expensive. I like to stock up on a few toys before we get there, like the cute stuffed Mini Mouse. It ends up saving money, time and tears.
I can’t wait to see the girls wear their DIY Mini Mouse costume at Disneyland!
- 20 Reasons to Use Get Away Today to Book Disney Vacations
- Best Hotel in Walking Distance of Disneyland for Large Families
- Best Value Hotel Within Walking Distance of Disneyland
- Staying at the CLOSEST Hotel to Disneyland
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Twix Christmas Holiday Gift Idea + Printable Gift Tag
- 25 + Frightfully Fun Halloween Wreaths
- Retirement Gift Idea + Free Happy Trails Gift Tag