Looking for a fun new cookie recipe or just a way to use up all that Halloween candy? Don’t miss this candy bar cookie recipe.
I could have easily titled this post Confessions of a Spontaneous Seasonal Shopper. You see, if there’s a new seasonal item on shelves, I HAVE TO TRY IT. I fall for trying every new flavor Oreo that comes out, everything pumpkin spice and 90% of all jelly beans. I also buy all of the pillows and decor items Home Goods puts out on its shelves, but that’s a post for another day…
All of the fall candy is on sale on my local grocery store, so when I saw Chocolate Caramel Apple Milky Way bars I had to try them. On their own? Way to sweet. I decided to use them up in a candy bar cookie recipe. Incorporated into a cookie? Pretty darn good.
Today I am sharing my candy bar cookie recipe. Purchase mini candy bars for the recipe, or use up all that Halloween candy that NEVER seems to be gone…
Candy Bar Cookie Recipe
After nearly a lifetime of cookie experimenting, I have found a base recipe that I use in about 90% of all the cookies I make. It’s the starter for my Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie that’s been a real hit, as well as the Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies I made all summer. The recipe is so good that I’ve even made plain cookies. Shhhhh! Don’t tell.
While you could absolutely chop up your candy bars into bits, I love the look of these little minis sitting atop the cookies. Plus? This cookie recipe is so good I enjoy having a majority of the cookie without anything mixed in. To recreate the cookies just as I have, simply bake the cookies as directed in the recipe and then set the candy bar on top of the warm cookie. The chocolate will melt and do all of the work necessary to keep the little candy bars firmly in place.
The recipe yields about two dozen perfectly baked cookies, so you will have plenty to share with your friends (or all the teenage boys in the neighborhood, which is where mine went).
Try this yummy recipe out and let me know if you think it’s as amazing as I do!
Milky Way Candy Bar Cookie Recipe
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- Mini Candy Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix, until just combined.
- Add salt and baking soda.
- Add three cups of flour, one at a time.
- Form into dough balls (I love to use my cookie scoop).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the top of the cookie is slightly brown.
- Place candy bar on top of cookie while cookie is still fresh from the oven.
If you liked this post, you might also like…
- Low Carb Breakfast Casserole: Hatch Chile Egg Bake
- 12 Light + Tasty Spring Salad Recipes
- Eggnog Bread Recipe + Printable North Pole Gift Tag
- Mini Loaf Bread Packaging
- Bunny Bait Marshmallow Popcorn
- Instant Pot Mini Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe