Looking for a quick snack or a light lunch? These healthy, quick-create, Cucumber Salmon Bites are the perfect low-carb answer.
I’ve been making small adjustments to my lifestyle over the last two months to develop healthier habits. Generally speaking the changes have been fairly small, but the results significant. By paying more attention to my diet (using the Weight Watchers program), I’ve lost about 15 pounds!
One of the things that I’ve added to my diet is Tuna. A couple of weeks ago, I made some super yummy Apple Tuna Salad Bites. They’ve been on regular rotation for the last month. In an effort to expand my horizons, I’ve been experimenting with similar recipes. These spicy little bites are perfect for entertaining. And the best part? They fit right in with my Weight Watchers program!
Cucumber Salmon Bites
When visiting San Francisco with Jay last year, I read an article in the local paper about giving canned salmon a try. It took me nearly a year to pick up a package, but I am glad I did. The taste is similar to tuna, but the health benefits are superior. Salmon is lower in toxins (it has no detectable mercury) and is higher in omega-3 fatty acids. Perhaps even more compelling is that the collection of wild salmon is far more sustainable than that of tuna.
San Francisco is also one of my favorite places to get sushi. I am not quite ready to jump into making sushi rolls on my own, but I thought a sushi-inspired snack might be fun. I’ve pulled several traditional sushi ingredients (like this wasabi paste) into these cucumber salmon bites and I love the way they meld together.
Cucumber Salmon Bites Recipe
- 1 Pouch Pink Salmon I used StarKist Selects
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions Finely Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Black and White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cucumber Thinly Sliced
- Optional: Wasabi Ginger, Finely Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- Mix salmon, soy sauce, sriracha and sesame seeds in a small bowl
- Lay cumber slices on a plate and top with salmon mixture
- Drizzle cucumber bites with sriracha (depending on your tolerance for spice) and top with finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Serve with wasabi and ginger
These cucumber salmon bites take a bit more time to prepare than the apple tuna salad bites so they may not show up on the table quite as often, but that sort of makes them a bit more special.
If you liked this post, you might also like…
- 12 Light + Tasty Spring Salad Recipes
- Eggnog Bread Recipe + Printable North Pole Gift Tag
- Pesto Tortellini Skewer Appetizers Recipe
- Wicked Good Halloween Caprese Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Soft, Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- 10 Halloween Breakfast Ideas
- Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Recipe