I am participating in a holiday sweet treat round up with over 50 other bloggers, sharing their favorite holiday recipes. Be sure to scroll all the way through this post to view all the amazing recipes that have been shared…This is one you will not want to miss!!!
There are some things that just “sing” Christmas to me…snow, mittens, peppermint and those delightfully delicious smelling sugared nuts you get at the mall. Seeing as how I’ve already experienced each this season, I might as well be in a choir. Instead, I am just using the cold as an excuse to down more than my fair share of hot chocolate…
The other day, I thought about how much I enjoy chocolate/peppermint and decided to try my hand at a peppermint hot chocolate mix that I could
enjoy all season long share as a neighbor gift.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe
11 c. powdered milk
1 c. confectioners’ sugar
11 oz. powdered coffee creamer
2 lbs. powdered chocolate milk mix (I like to use Nestle Nesquick’s large 2 lb. jar, but you can add more if you love chocolate)
4 tblsp. cocoa powder
1 box instant chocolate pudding mix (I like to use the large box for an extra chocolate taste, but you can use small)
3 finely crushed candy canes
- Crush candy canes in a bag or your food processor. I like to crush them all the way to a fine powder, but if you like chunks that would probably work too.
- Mix ingredients together in a LARGE bowl. I like to mix them in the food processor to ensure that they’re well blended. (Whatever you do, don’t think you can use one of your large leftover turkey bags to mix this up easily. That bag might explode and you might have sugary sweet powder EVERYWHERE! Not that I am owning up to anything here…)
- Portion into containers for sharing or store in an air tight container.
I know it’s customary to share how many tablespoons mix to add to your mug, but to be honest I never have much luck with that. I recommend using 1/3 mix and 2/3 water for the perfect mixture.
I love this hot chocolate mix recipe. It’s super chocolatey and it dissolves really well in water. Plus? I love that you can see the little candy cane bits in the powder.
Feel free to mix this recipe up too. I rarely measure, it’s more of a open and dump for me…I’ve never tried crushed candy before, but I have tried lots of flavored coffee creamers…
I have dutifully packaged up my peppermint hot chocolate mix into fun little tins lined with plastic bags and tied off at the top with bakers twine.
Of course that didn’t stop me from having a mug…or two. Promise me you will try this recipe. I think it’s so darn good and I would love to know what you think about it!
Of course this time of year, the goodies aren’t limited to a cup of cocoa now and then. I am super excited to be participating in a round up of tried and true sweet holiday treats with some of my favorite bloggers.
There are over 50 holiday recipes, including my peppermint hot chocolate mix, that have all be shared in one place! This is a great one to pin now and return to over and over.
I’d love to know what your favorite treats are too. Please feel free to share a link in the comments!
Holiday Sweet Treats
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Summer Home Tour
- 25 + Frightfully Fun Halloween Wreaths
- Free Print + Cut Father’s Day Camping Gift Tag
- Retirement Gift Idea + Free Happy Trails Gift Tag
- Monster Gift Card Holders
- Consumer Crafts: A Crafter’s Best Friend
- Show & Tell No. 46: Last Minute Mother’s Day Gifts