Christmas is coming are you ready? Countdown the days with this easy-to-create 30 minute Christmas advent calendar.
I’ve been prepping for Christmas since early November. The house is decorated, most of the gifts have been purchased. It’s time to enjoy the season. I’ve created a simple Christmas advent to help guide our holiday fun and I am so excited with how it turned out.
I’ve hung it right in the entry of my home so that when my boyfriend comes over to visit we can stop by the Christmas countdown first!
30 Minute Christmas Advent Calendar
I know it’s almost December, but the truth is this 30 minute Christmas advent calendar is so simple you’ve got plenty of time to create one of your own without any stress at all.
What you will need to recreate this 30 minute Christmas advent calendar:
I have provided a direct affiliate link wherever possible so that you can easily shop and create!
- Wire Display Frame
- Drawstring Bags
- Black and Red Bulldog Clips
- 1-25 Number SVG File (see download at bottom of post)
- Black Glitter HTV
- Cricut Electronic Cutting Machine (I use this one)
- Cricut Easy Press
- Wood Banner
- Christmas Countdown SVG File (see download at bottom of post)
- Americana Acrylic Paint – Watermelon
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paint Brushes
- Black Glitter
- Glue Gun and Hot Glue
- Black Floral Wire
- Optional: Felt Mistletoe
- Optional: Wire Shelf
- Daily Activity Ideas and Gifts
How to create a Christmas advent in 30 minutes:
- Download 1-25 Number SVG file and Christmas Countdown SVG file (see below). Gather supplies.
- Paint wood banner with acrylic paint. Set aside to dry.
- Upload the design to your electronic cutting machine’s design software and size appropriately. Be sure to mirror image when cutting.
- Feed the heat transfer vinyl into your machine. Select heat transfer vinyl on the dial or in the media menu and cut.
- Weed the negative space in the design.
- Position the design on the bags/wood, as desired, sticky side down. The design should be facing the correct way when you look at it. Press the design firmly and smooth, removing air bubbles.
- Heat designs using an iron or the Cricut Easy Press until adhered to the surface.
- Using Mod Podge add glitter to the edge of the wood banner.
- Optional: Adhere the felt mistletoe to the back of the banner.
- Thread wire and ribbon through the holes in the wood banner, use the wire to adhere banner to the top of the wire display. Tie ribbon over the top of wire.
- Fill individual bags with activity ideas, treats and small gifts.
- Adhere the individual bags to the wire frame using black and red bulldog clips.
That’s it! There are so many steps it sounds like a complex countdown project, but it really is a 30 minute Christmas advent.
I am so excited to open each of the little bags with my boyfriend this holiday season.
30 Minute Christmas Advent SVG Download
If you liked this 30 minute Christmas advent project, you might also like…