Don’t miss out on this hearty Instant Pot eight can taco soup. This off-the-shelf, family friendly recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes – it is perfect for busy nights!
In the past two weeks, I have been jolted out of bed in the middle of the night by an earthquake three times…I realize that may not be very impressive to my friends in California, but it’s got me completely freaked out!
While I’ve never considered myself much of a “prepper,” you’d better believe I’ve checked on the emergency kits stored in the front closet this week. I’ve also been thinking a lot about how to beef up my personal food storage.
I have a healthy supply dry goods, like flour, beans and rice that I dip into regularly. BUT. In every apocalyptic movie or television show I’ve caught (Anyone else watched a couple seasons of The Walking Dead?), the survivors are always after canned goods…I don’t want to miss out on what may be THE commodity of the apocalypse, so for the last week I’ve been considering which preserved foods I’d like to add to my shelves.
Instant Pot Eight Can Taco Soup
While it’s tempting to hit up every case lot sale in the State of Utah, I am trying to focus on purchasing things that I will actually use. A bunch of old, expired product isn’t going to help anyone (Though I suspect a lot of that food consumed in The Walking Dead actually is expired.).
When thinking of recipes that require canned goods, eight can taco soup is one of the first that comes to mind. It’s a hearty crowd pleaser that generally satisfies even the pickiest of eaters.
While this soup can absolutely be prepared on the stove top or a slow cooker, I’ve made up a batch in my Instant Pot. The pressure cooker takes this simple meal from set it and forget it to a 10 minute miracle. Yep. This soup will cook up in the time it takes you to open, dump and bring your Instant Pot to pressure. I literally set the cook time on this one to ZERO.
Instant Pot Eight Can Taco Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Eight Can Taco Soup
- 1 15 ounce Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 15 ounce Pinto Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce Corn Drained
- 1 10.5 ounce Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 12.5 ounce Chicken Breast Drained
- 1 10 ounce Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce Chicken Broth
- 1 1 ounce packet Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Green Onions
- Pour ingredients into the Instant Pot and stir. Set Instant Pot to “zero” on manual. The soup will actually be heated through when the Instant Pot comes to pressure. While you can do an immediate release with this recipe, the amount of liquid expelled can be a bit overwhelming. If I have the time, I let the pot naturally release the air and switch over to the warming function.
If you liked this Instant Pot Eight Can Taco Soup recipe, you might also like…
I am so excited to be sharing favorite soup recipes from several of my friends today. They’re all full-flavored, hearty bowls…Be sure to take a look and pin those you love!
- 12 Light + Tasty Spring Salad Recipes
- Eggnog Bread Recipe + Printable North Pole Gift Tag
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Ideas
- 10 Perfect Pencil Treats for Back to School
- Instant Pot Bacon Honey Mustard Chicken
- Risalamande – Traditional Danish Rice Pudding
- Easy Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- 10 Halloween Breakfast Ideas