When I was in college I was active in student government. The campaigns we ran were pretty tame…Today? Well, I might find them slightly laughable.
While our counterparts at other universities were tackling issues like underage drinking and sorority fights, we had bigger fish to fry…
One such issue? Students were cutting across corners of the lawn, creating damaged “paths” in the grass. (Shock and awe to ensue!) Yes, that’s right. We were tasked with addressing the lovely green lawn.
I don’t know who came up with the the campaign we were tasked with implementing, but well? What ensued was pretty darn funny. See, the campaign theme was “Cougars Don’t Cut Corners.” You know, suggesting that students were “above” cutting corners in life AND on the green, green grass.
We spent hours making laminated signs to post about campus, only to find them fluttering on their posts with all of the corners cut off a few days later.
Laugh. It’s okay, it’s hilarious…
For the record? I still don’t cut across lawns.
But guess what? I do cut corners in the kitchen.
Eep! I know…
I know, what you’re thinking, but guess what? I can actually cook and today I am sharing the simplest apple brie pastry recipe. Seriously. You can make this on in just a few minutes and it’s good!
Easy Apple Brie Pastry
The easy apple brie pastry recipe I am sharing today is SUCH an easy one and it’s so stinking high brow, it’s GREAT for company.
You could easily use this one as an appetizer, for brunch or as a dessert.
Thinly sliced apples
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take the refrigerated dough and shape into squares and/or circles. Place the dough on a cookie sheet.
Slice the brie and apples VERY thinly and layer them on top of the dough. Top with cinnamon and walnuts.
Pinch the edges of your pastry up.
Place in the oven for 12-15 min.
I found the ginger syrup in the gourmet food section of World Market. I love to walk through that section of the store and this week’s Twitter chat with World Market, Live Well Network and the one-and-only Joey Fatone (of N’Sync and My Family Recipe Rocks fame) was the PERFECT
reason excuse to stop in and shop.
What?! You don’t know about the chat? Ummm. Hello. Only the biggest SNAP! news in months…
Here are the basics…
- Friday, September 20th, 2013
- 6:00 pm MT (5:00 PT, 7:00 CT, and 8:00 ET) for 1 hour.
- We are chatting family recipes with our friends at Cost Plus World Market and My Family Recipe Rocks! Be ready to share, learn, have fun, and leave hungry (maybe have a snack or two on hand during this delicious chat). It’s going to be like having a gourmet getaway from the comfort of your own home. We will also be announcing some juicy details about World Market’s upcoming promotion (hint — get your passport ready).
- Be sure to follow @worldmarket, @reciperocks, @realjoeyfatone, and @snapconf so you don’t miss out on any of the excitement.
- Not familiar with this social media tool? Read up on how to use Twitter. Never participated in a Twitter chat? We’ve got Twitter chat pointers too.
- You can follow all the SNAP! Chat happenings with the #GourmetGetaway hashtag.
- We invite you to participate using TweetChat following the #GourmetGetaway.
- More than $150 in gifts
So what are you waiting for? Head over and RSVP!