In the midst of the cold Utah winter, the boys get restless and we all start to yearn for a taste of summer. There’s not much I can do to control the weather (highs here are still in the 30’s), but it’s absolutely possible to bring a bit of summer flavor in to liven things up by making a batch of S’mores Style Hot Chocolate and Cupcakes.
S’mores cupcakes are pretty much the ultimate in comfort food (i.e. the best thing to eat in the winter).
Moist, decadent chocolate, covered with marshmallow fluff all in a singular little cakelet you don’t have to share with a soul? Perfection. Swallowed with a swish of TruMoo hot chocolate? It’s chocolate marshmallow magic on a cold winter day.
I mean seriously. Don’t they look heavenly?
Now you know I am a fan of shortcuts, but you have to make this cupcake recipe from scratch. It’s so much better than a box mix and really doesn’t take much time to whip up a quick batch.
The boys love TruMoo so while we were waiting for your cupcakes to bake and cool, we decided to warm it up and enjoy a mug of hot chocolate. Turns out great hot chocolate is as simple as heating TruMoo up in the microwave and adding a few toppings for fun!
Of course, you will inevitably decide that your hot chocolate will taste better outside…
And, it will be so worth it…because…adorable.
Should you decide to make something a bit more fancy? Cut a marshmallow in half and rub it round the top of your mug until it’s sticky. Once it’s ready to go, simply dip the rim in graham cracker crumbs and you’re good to go!
TruMoo S’mores Hot Chocolate
- 2 c. TruMoo Marshmallow Chocolate Milk
- 1 c. water for a creamier, thick hot chocolate use 3 c. milk
- graham crackers crushed
- 1 c. whip cream
- 1 c. marshmallows
- Preheat oven to low broil. Place marshmallows on a baking sheet near the top where they will brown.
- Heat milk and water in a sauce pan over medium heat for about five minutes or until it is warmed through. Stir continuously to avoid scalding the milk.
- Cut a marshmallow in half. Rub the sticky side of the marshmallow around the top of the mug. Roll/dip the sticky rim in graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the hot chocolate into the mug and top with whip cream, toasted marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
You should have 18-24 delicious S’mores cupcakes to enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.