Ready for a Halloween project that you can complete in less than 30 min? This 3-D witches cauldron Halloween specimen art is an easy, inexpensive project you can complete this October.
Each holiday I create a set of prints for my home. I love displaying them on the mantel in the family room, as opposed to lots of little items.
This year I created three Halloween prints. I love them, but I framed one of the prints up much larger than I normally do. I LOVE the oversized look, but it left the mantel out of balance. Initially I was rummaging through my stash for a completed project I could use to balance things out. Instead I came across a 9×20 Ikea Ribba frame that was screaming for a project so I created this witches cauldron Halloween specimen artwork. I love how it turned out.
Witches Cauldron Halloween Specimen Art
To recreate this project, you will need the following supplies:
- 9×20 frame (I like to use Ikea’s Ribba frames)
- Poster board or foam core
- Vinyl or black marker (I used black vinyl from Expressions Vinyl)
- Double double cut file PNG or SVG
- Small candy cauldron (I used something similar to these)
- Orange tissue paper (like this)
- Scissors or snips
- Hot glue gun
Using the frame filler or glass as a template, cut a piece of poster board to fill the frame. Put the frame back together with the poster board on top.
Using a pair of sharp scissors or snips, cut down the middle of the small candy cauldrons splitting them in half. Make sure to keep the cauldron handle attached so that both ends are on the same side of the cauldron.
Center one of the cauldrons in the middle of the frame. Arrange the other two cauldrons equal distance from the middle, leaving room for the words. Apply hot glue to the raw edge of the cauldrons and adhere to the poster board.
Using the double double cut file, create a stencil or cut vinyl to place on the top and bottom edge of the poster board.
Cut a piece of tissue paper into five by five squares, scrunch and place in the top of the cauldrons.
I’ve placed my witches cauldron specimen art up on the mantel with my prints and I love it! The 3-D affect adds texture and dimension to my decor. Plus, it’s my favorite piece up on display right now.
And, if you want to grab the coordinating prints, here’s a link!
- Fa La La Christmas Lava Cake Printable Gift Tag
- Summer Home Tour
- Twix Christmas Holiday Gift Idea + Printable Gift Tag
- 12+ Super Bowl Party Decor Ideas
- DIY Kindle Cover + Free Cut Files
- Navy and Blush Master Bedroom
- 30-Minute Star Wars Snuggle Blanket Tutorial
- Many Languages Thank You Card Printable