Hello, friends! Michele from The Scrap Shoppe here with a fun twist to your jewelry making.
Did you know this is April Fool’s week here at the SNAP! blog? Coming up with a “tricky” craft project was none too easy, let me tell you. Sure, there are lot of food and prank ideas out there for that funny holiday on April 1, but craft projects? Not so much. So this is my spin on an April Fool’s craft by creating this glammed up necklace using a very special ingredient…
A Popsicle stick! That’s right. Today we’re making fabulous fun and glittery necklaces using none other than simple wooden sticks that are a dime a dozen. Ready to see how?
This process could not be simpler and is a great stash buster if you’re a paper crafter and hoard your paper crafting scraps (*cough, cough*).
1. Grab your favorite scrapbook paper (I’m using a silver glitter paper).
2. Trace the shape of the Popsicle stick on the back of the paper and cut it out.
3. Decoupage the paper onto the Popsicle stick.
4. Once dry, punch holes on each end of the stick (a Crop-a-dile will cut through it like butter!).
5. Attached a large jump ring to each hole.
6. Attach chain to the jump rings and a necklace clasp to the chain to complete the necklace.
It really does look pretty glamorous, doesn’t it?
And, of course, you can make any variety of necklace you choose. I made another using a bright polka dot paper and embellishing it with a small paper doily, button, and twine. Isn’t it whimsical?
You can easily whip several of these Popsicle stick necklaces in no time flat! Create a fun custom piece for your favorite outfit and watch the look on your friends’ faces when you tell them what its made from.
If you enjoy this post you might also enjoy…