Hi SNAP! friends! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. I’m so excited for Easter. Are you?? I’m in full Easter menu planning mode over at my place. That means lots of time in the kitchen – testing & trying & narrowing it down to the best. Easter morning is so busy with all the activities happening that I usually like to make something for our breakfast the night before. I want to be sure that I’m spending more time with family than I am in the kitchen on holidays. So I pulled out the donut maker & whipped up these Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts & Lemon Blueberry Glaze.
The fresh lemon flavor with the poppy seeds is perfect for spring. Then adding the Lemon Blueberry Glaze is the perfect compliment. I’m so in love with this bright purple color. They are almost too pretty to eat.
Can’t you just picture them on your festive table full of Easter eggs & decorations?
It’s great that these are mini-donuts. Makes it so easy to grab & go. Plus it takes at least 2 to equal a regular sized donut- so you can just enjoy without feeling like you are overdoing it.
So what do you plan on serving on Easter?
Do you have any family recipes that you make every year?
We always have the dyed eggs – which we then make into egg salad. One of our new traditions is making Egg Salad Sliders. So yummy! We also make my late mother-in-law’s deviled egg recipe. Other than that- I have not narrowed down any other recipes for the menu this year. Unless you count candy- that’s always on the menu at Easter- right?!
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts & Lemon Blueberry Glaze
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 sticks butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
For the Glaze -
- Glaze Recipe & Instructions
- Preheat donut machine or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl- combine flour, sugar & baking powder.- Whisk.
- Whisk in eggs, then milk, then butter.
- Whisk in lemon juice & poppy seeds.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe into donut wells or scoop in to full size donut pan.
- Cook 6 minutes for mini-donuts or 10-12 for full size in the oven.
- Remove & cool on wire rack & repeat the cooking process for remaining batter.
Want more Spring/Easter recipes?
Lime Fauxjito – non-alcoholic mojito for everyone.
Thank you so much for letting me come and share some of my favorite recipes for Easter.
I’d love to have you stop by and visit with me at www.kleinworthco.com