Happy March Everyone!!! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co again. I’m so excited for spring & all that comes with it- including St. Patrick’s Day!! I thought I would share with you a fun little dessert that is perfect for your St. Patty’s Day celebrations. These Leprechaun Dessert Shooters are kid friendly & incredibly simple. They also make a big impact on your serving table – which is always nice. Who doesn’t like people to Ohhh & Ahhh over their creations?!
I love that with the coming of St. Patrick’s Day we also get a whole lot of excuses ot make recipes with mint. It’s definitely one of my favorite flavors- especially when paired with chocolate.
My kids were so thrilled when I made these. All the beautiful colors of the rainbow sprinkled on top. How could one not be happy looking at that?! I know it brings a smile to my face.
These can be made ahead of time & left to chill in the refrigerator if you are serving for a party. Then you just add your whipped cream & sprinkles when it’s time to serve. I like these in tall thin glasses for the impact they make. However- if you are serving to a crowd of real little ones you could prepare these in those small clear plastic cups you can pick up in bulk. It would make it easier for them to scoop with less mess & the volume would reduce as well for those tiny appetites.
Leprechaun Dessert Shooters
- 4 -6 double stuffed Oreo cookies per glass
- vanilla pudding - prepared 1 pkt instant pudding & 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food color
- whipped cream
- rainbow jimmies
- mini chocolate chips
- Prepare vanilla pudding to package directions
- Add in food color & peppermint extract - set aside to firm up
- Break Oreos into pieces & place in bottom of glass
- Layer in your pudding - followed by more broken Oreos
- Top with one more scoop of pudding & then whipped cream
- Sprinkle with rainbow jimmies & mini chocolate chips
Want more St. Patty’s Day ideas?
How about this Minty Shamrock M&M Popcorn
If you like these – be sure to come on by & say hello!
I am sharing St Patrick’s Day themed recipes all this week.