I just recently made these pretty paper medallions and used them for a couple of parties I was helping with – a bridal shower and a birthday party.
I wanted to share how to make paper medallions with you because 1. they’re super cute, 2. they’re super easy, and 3. they’re super cheap but make a great impact at any event!
2 pieces of 12×12 cardstock per medallion
Decorative edge paper punch
Coordinating paper (for center circle)
Scoring board (optional)
1. Cut each piece of your 12×12 cardstock in half
2. To make 4 pieces of 6×12 paper
3. Punch the 12″ edge of each piece of paper
4. 4 pieces of decorated 6×12 paper
5. Score each piece of 6×12 paper at 1 inch increments. Fancy edge will be at the bottom.
6. Fold your paper accordion style along scored lines. If you don’t have a scorer, simply fold your paper accordion style every 1 inch.
7. Fold all 4 pieces of paper in the same manner.
8. Use hot glue to glue all 4 folded pieces together, end to end.
9. Glue 2 ends of paper chain together to form a circle.
10. Gather the circle together in the center.
11. Press down on center of circle
12. Until medallion is flat on your work surface.
13. Punch (or cut) 2″ circle for the center of your fan.
14. Put a generous amount of hot glue in the center of your medallion to hold it together.
15. Place 2″ circle on hot glue.
16. Hot glue ribbon onto your medallion and hang!
Tip: I usually use white thumbtacks to hang from the ceiling. Hanging the medallions over the dessert or food table will really wow your guests!
Oh my gosh! I could actually do this project! So pretty and so easy. Thanks!
Wonderfully explained. I followed all the steps exactly as written and they turned out just perfect! Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your success! xo Tauni