Today I am going to show you my new favorite plugin! The plugin is called AddThis Smart Layers and its main job is to help increase your blog pageview and engagement! We like pageviews right? (wink!)
The plugin is called AddThis Smart Layers. This plugin has several different options including share buttons, follow buttons, and my favorite the “What’s Next” feature. AddThis describes this feature as, “When a desktop visitor scrolls down your page, a box will slide in at the bottom to promote the next best step (post).
To see a live example of the plugin in action you can visit this post on my blog and scroll to the bottom. Watch for the little box to fly in from the right hand side. Fun huh? This “what’s next” box is just another way to circulate your content and keep readers engaged and on your site.
To Install the Plugin:
1. Login to your blog dashboard.
2. Click on “Plugins” on the left hand side.
3. Search for AddThis Smart Layers.
4. Click Install.
5. Click Active.
Setting Up the Plugin:
1. On your dashboard go to “Settings” and then “AddThis Smart Layers”. Your screen should look like this …
2. From here you can manage your preferences. You can choose to turn any of the options On/Off so go through and choose what you like for your own site. There is a “Preview” on the right hand side to show you what each option looks like on the desktop, mobile, and tablet version of your site.
- Follow Icons. Personally I think these might be a little redundant if you already have your social media icons near the top of your site, but I LOVE how it adds the follow buttons to your mobile site.
- Share Icons. These will be on the left hand side of your blog. After someone “shares” a awesome little screen pops up and says “Thanks for sharing!”.
- What’s Next. This is my favorite option! All you need to do is turn it “On” and the plugin will do the rest!
- Recommended Content. If you don’t already have Link Within or Nrelate installed on your blog then this is also a great option!
If you have any problems installing or setting up this plugin let me know in the comment box! And thanks for reading!