Hi there! I’m Crystal from Stitched by Crystal and I am thrilled to be here today to share a fun tutorial with you!
Super Bowl XLVIII is right around the corner! Are you planning a Super Bowl party? Today I am sharing a quick and easy tutorial for some football coasters that would be a fun addition to any football party or tailgate!
These coasters are made from burlap and can be made in just minutes. Not only will they look festive for the big game, but they will also keep your wood furniture safe from those cold beverages!
To make these coasters all you need is a small amount of burlap and some acrylic craft paint.
1. Start by making a football shaped template to cut out your burlap with. Take a rectangle of paper that is about 5.5″ x 4.5″, fold it in half and then in half again. Round the corners to make a foot ball shape.
2. Use the template you made to cut out the football shapes from your burlap. You will need to football shapes for each coaster.
3. Stack 2 football shapes and sew them together around the edge with a 1/2″ seam allowance.
4. Trim the edges a little under 1/4″ from your seam.
5. Paint on the football design.
Once the paint drys, your coasters are ready for the big game day party!