It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co.
Can you believe that Mother’s Day is this weekend? This will be my first Mother’s Day without my mom. Normally I would bake some goodies & mail them to her. Instead I decided to create one of her all-time FAVORITE treats in honor of her. This Mocha Java Ice Cream is definitely something she loved very much. I grew up on it. Being able to recreate it at home has taken a lot of recipe testing. Not that the other versions were bad- I enjoyed them very much. But THIS ONE is everything & more that I remember sharing with my mom over the years.
My mom’s favorite things were cake & ice cream. She was a professional cake decorator for many years & had incredible talent in her ability to make some of the most gorgeous cakes you ever would lay eyes on. But to her it wasn’t complete without a heaping scoop or two (okay more like 3-4) of our favorite Mocha Java Ice Cream.
It has that perfect blend of chocolate & coffee – oh so yummy.
I will be making this in her memory to have over this weekend.
So creamy & then the mini chocolate chips just take it over the top.
Mocha Java Ice Cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tbsp instant espresso
- 1 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix together milk, half & half and cream cheese until well-combined.
- Add in espresso, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour into the container of ice cream maker and make according to directions.
- Midway through freezing, add in mini chocolate chips.
- Churn in ice cream maker approx 20 minutes
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer in an airtight container
Hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day!!
Do you want some more frozen treat ideas??
Thank you all so much for visiting with me today.
Hugs – Gina