About a month ago, my sweet friend Janine let me know that she was on a quest to discover the best of the best Crock Pot recipes and I was fortunate enough to share a favorite slow cooker recipe on her site a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you caught it?
Just in case you missed it, I thought I would share that recipe with you today.
This time of year warm, comfort food calls to me. I frequently pull out the slow cooker and it sits on the counter cooking up a storm for weeks. It’s perfect for busy holiday evenings too.
I have a few absolute favorite recipes that I cannot live without, like Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup.
Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 box (4 c.) chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 block cream cheese, cubed
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 bag frozen tortellini
- Fresh spinach
Writing the word “directions” when it comes to slow cooker recipes always makes me giggle just a little bit. I mean, really? Aren’t most slow cooker recipes pretty much dump and serve?!
Well, maybe not the complex sort you make, but the ones I make? They are EEEEEASY!
So here we go…
- Brown sausage on stove top.
- Turn slow cooker to high heat.
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into slow cooker. I like to use spiced tomatoes. In the case of this recipe, I usually grab an Italian blend or something with rosemary and oregano in it.
- Cube cream cheese and add to chicken broth and tomato mixture.
- Add sausage.
- Chop spinach into smaller pieces and add to soup mixture.
- Cook for four hours.
- About 20 minutes prior to serving the soup, add the bag of tortellini to the mix.
If you’re in the mood for a few more great recipes, hop over to Janine’s site and check out some of the other great Crock Pot meals that have been shared: