*This tutorial is made by Deidre @ A Craft A Day for her win of Â the Love challenge in season 10*
I love these plates! Â The best part… they are soooo easy! Â You do not need much artistic talent to accomplish this craft. Â We can all find crafts that are difficult by looking on the internet. Â However, simple and cute…. much harder to find. This one takes the cake! Â Give it a try. Â I promise, you can do it!
Pebeo Porcelaine 150 paint (Michaels)
1. Print, draw or copy the artwork of your choice. Â I found this design online and simply redrew what I saw. Â If that does not fit your abilities, just print a design you like and cut it out. Â This will help with placement.
2. With a pencil, scribble on the back of your drawing.
Â 3. Tape your image to the dish.
4. With a pen or pencil, trace your image.
Â 5. Pull off the paper and you will find a faint sketch of your image. Â It is just enough to trace.
6. Start painting. Â This is the paint and brush I used. Â I should have used a liner brush, but I didn’t have one. Â Not to mention I’m cheap and I like to make things difficult on myself. Â Use a brush size that best fits your image. Â Trust me. Â It will save you frustration!
7. Follow the directions on the back of your paint bottle for baking. Â Mine said to let dry for 24 hours. Â Then bake at 300 for 35 minutes. Â After baking, you can put it in the dishwasher! Â LOVE!
Enjoy your new, personalized dishes!